In a landmark election held by the Bangladesh Association of Publicly Listed Companies (BAPLC), Rupali Haque Chowdhury, the esteemed Managing Director of Berger Paints Bangladesh Ltd, has been elected as the President for a distinguished two-year term. The announcement was made following the recently conducted election by the BAPLC Election Board to determine the new executive committee for the tenure 2024-2025.
The newly elected Vice-President of BAPLC is Syed M Altaf Hussain, a distinguished figure and Director of Pragati Life Insurance Ltd.
The executive committee, representing the pinnacle of companies listed with the stock exchanges of Bangladesh, consists of a dynamic group of industry leaders committed to driving positive change and progress within the business landscape. The following esteemed individuals have been elected as members of the executive committee:
- Mohammed Younus, Chairman of Shahjalal Islami Bank
- Manzurul Islam, Chairman of Eastern Housing
- Abdullah Al Mahmud, Managing Director of Hamid Fabrics
- Gulam Rabbani Chowdhury, Director of Baraka Power
- Syed Farhad Ahmed, Managing Director and CEO of Aamra Networks
- Md Kyser Hamid, Managing Director and CEO of Bangladesh Finance
- Kazi Inam Ahmed, Managing Director of Gemini Sea Food
- Monzur Kadir Shafi, Managing Director of Baraka Patenga Power
- Shahriar Ahmed, Managing Director of Apex Foods
Further additions to the committee include:
- Adib Hossain Babul, Director of National Feed Mill
- Zeyad Rahman, Director of Delta Life Insurance Co
- Md Apel Mahmud, Managing Director and CEO of Fareast Islami Life Insurance Co
- Tajwar Muhammed Awal, Director of Pragati Insurance
- Mohammad Abdullah Al Mamun, Company Secretary of Eastern Bank
- Md Sharif Hasan, Director of Regulatory Affairs and Company Secretary at Unique Hotel & Resorts
- Md Noor Hossain Khan, Deputy General Manager of Titas Gas Transmission & Distribution Co
- Md Manir Hossain, Company Secretary of Daffodil Computers
- Muhammad Aminur Rahman, Company Secretary of Rangpur Foundry
- Sk Md Sarfaraz Hossain, Company Secretary of Peoples Insurance Co
Rupali Haque Chowdhury, with her wealth of experience and leadership acumen, is poised to lead BAPLC towards new heights of success and collaboration within the publicly listed companies’ landscape.